quinta-feira, 13 de outubro de 2011

Felice Picano

Não conheço nenhum livro dele editado em português, embora Like People in History e The Book of Lies estejam acima de 99 por cento da literatura gay publicada no Brasil.
Este poema é dele, embora ele não seja conhecido como poeta, e consta do Penguin Book of Homosexual verse, esgotadíssimo.


The Heart Has Its Reasons

Not because you didn't call.
I almost expected that.
Not because we set a date
you just couldn't make-
whatever your reasons.

Not because you never arrived,
never left a number to reach you.
For all I know you were hit by a car;
mowed down in some neighborhood war.

Not because the night I had planned
never got off the ground
never mind reach the heights.
We didn't have that much in common
except a good fit -
if you still can remember that fondly, that far.

No, not because you stopped a trip
never gave me the chance to decide
whether or not I'd take the ride,
whether I'd take the risk of true love or illusion.

But simple because
I straightened all day.
Washed all the glasses
changed pillows and sheets
cleaned out the closets
even laundered the drapes.
Did everything that was needed
if a guest like you was coming.

Did, in short, what could wait,
For that I could never forgive you.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Comente o que acha que deve, mas use termos gentis, mesmo que desaforados...