quinta-feira, 10 de abril de 2008

Thom Gunn



THE HUG

este, de novo, é para o Alberto, que tem recebido tão poucos!!!

It was your birthday, we had drunk and dined
Half of the night with your old friend
Who'd showed us in the end
To a bed I reached in one drunk stride
Already I lay snug,
And drowsy with the wine dozed on one side.
I dozed, I slept. My sleep broke on a hug,
suddenly, from behind,
in wich the full lengths of our bodies pressed:
your instep to my heel,my shoulder-blades against your chest.
It was not sex, but I could feel
the whole strength of your body set,
or braced to mine,
and locking me to you
as if I were still twenty-two
when our grand passion had not yet
become familial
my quick sleep had deleted all
of intervening time and place.
I only knew
the stay of your secure firm dry embrace.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Comente o que acha que deve, mas use termos gentis, mesmo que desaforados...